If you’re still deciding how to spend this Mother’s Day weekend, we have a few ideas! Check out the events happening this weekend around the Hudson Valley for a perfect way to celebrate the holiday with your family. This is only a selection of events we think Mom will enjoy from our action-packed calendar so feel free to browse the website for more ideas while you’re making plans. You may find something else fun to do!
1pm – 11pm Hudson Valley Fair at Dutchess Stadium, Wappingers Falls
11am – 6pm Albany Tulip Festival in Washington Park, Albany
Sat. 12pm – 4pm/Sun. 10am – 2pm Build a Bouquet for Mother’s Day at Price Chopper locations
Sat. & Sun. 12pm and 2:3pm Maggie’s RoyalTEA Grand Opening, Red Hook
Saturday, May 13th
8:30am – 1pm YWCA Ulster County Mother’s Day 5k, Kingston
10am – 4pm Red Hook Apple Blossom Festival, Village of Red Hook
11am – 3pm Preparing for a New Year: an 18th Century Spring and Garden Fair at The Senate House, Kingston
1pm – 3pm Mommy and Me Acroyoga at Anahata Kingston, Kingston
Sunday, May 14th
11am – 6pm Mimosas and Mother’s Day at Robibero Winery, New Paltz
11am – 4pm Tulip Festival & Mother’s Day Celebration at Honor’s Haven, Ellenville
1pm – 3pm Mother’s Day Tours at Mount Gulian State Historic Site, Beacon
1:45pm – 4pm Mother’s Day Bike and Hike at the Vassar Farm & Ecological Preserve, Poughkeepsie
3pm – 5pm Strike a (Tree) Pose Together at Rockland Lake State Park, Valley Cottage
- Stop by a locally owned sweet shop or bakery and let Mom choose a treat of only the best quality.
- Take a hike. Check out Hike the Hudson Valley or Scenic Hudson to find a trail that’s perfect for your family. We personally recommend the easy, paved trail to the gorgeous Kaaterskill Falls Overlook.
- If the weather cooperates, celebrate with a picnic at one of the Hudson Valley’s beautiful historic sites. Some of our favorites are Olana, Locust Grove, Clermont and Vanderbilt.
- Take a sightseeing cruise on the Hudson with Hudson River Cruises before or after enjoying a meal at one of Kingston’s waterfront restaurants. While you’re there, take a trolley ride!
- Check your local farmer’s markets – some are hosting their opening day this weekend with specials planned for the holiday. For example, the Rhinebeck Farmer’s Market opens on Mother’s Day from with free seedlings for all moms.
- Looking to go bigger? Try a Mother’s Day Weekend getaway! Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park, Frost Valley YMCA and Mohonk Mountain House have exciting activities planned for moms and their families throughout the entire weekend.
Did we miss an event that should be on this list? Submit it to the calendar and we’ll add it pronto!
Happy Mother’s Day to All!
About the author: Sarah Coppola is a wife, mom of three, Hudson Valley native and adventure-seeker. She founded Family Friendly Hudson Valley to discover and share all the great stuff for families found in our own backyard.